Maritime Europe Strategy Action (MESA – FOSTER WATERBORNE), main strategic objective (in line with WATERBORNE-TP) is to strengthen the effectiveness of the research and innovation capacities of the European maritime industry, by:
- Optimization of the European maritime RDI strategies
- Improvement of the stakeholders network, of the dissemination, of the use of the research results, and increasing the visibility of the R&I findings
- Fostering the definition of the maritime R&I transport policies
- providing support to the WATERBORNE TP work, enlarging and maintaining it,
- Organising Thematic Technology Groups on Energy Efficiency, Safety, Production, E-Maritime) performing an in-depth analysis and assessment of the achievements at EU and National level, to foster future strategic lines in research and innovation,
- updating the strategic research agenda and creating an innovation agenda contributing to close the gaps between research and market uptake,
- enhancing a network for the exchange of ideas and priorities, acting as major player for dissemination raising waterborne value chain profile and visibility in Europe.
- Providing a Foresight activity on market, societal and regulatory trends studies, contributing to transport RDI policies.